Friday, July 9, 2010

Powerpoint


Benefits of using a powerpoint presentation in a classroom (if correctly made):
  • Engaging for students.


  • Interactive.


  • Short, sharp facts.


  • Holds student attention through appropriate use of graphics, sound effects, music and video clips.

Using powerpoint as part of your pedogogy allows for students to become workplace ready and familiar with presentation tools that they will use for life or be able to transfer to other programs.

This prac I used an interactive powerpoint with lots of photos, music and dot points to introduce myself as a student teacher in their class. I found it was a better way of introducing myself rather than just talking. I found that the students were engaged and remembered what was in the powerpoint, therefore meaning that they had a clear idea of who I was and what I was doing in their classroom right from the start.

B

3 comments:

  1. After exploring prezi.com I would definately use this tool in my next presentation especially when introducing myself to the class. It creates very professional looking presentations and I reckon I could impress the class because it looks very clean cut and not as basic as powerpoint.
    Give Prezi a go!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading the forum set up to discuss Prezi it made me think at a higher level about what the benefits of Prezi really are. At first I was just thinking at a basic level and after reading the forum postings it has eleborated my thoughts. For example it is a tool that can be used to help transfer information to long term memory.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Prezi is an awsome way of collaborating a presentation to show your learners or for yourself. I found making a Prezi was very easy, as is Powerpoint however, powerpoint can be so overdone! Prezi offers a more up-to-date powerpoint without all the slides. It looks more effective too. Have you ever seen Prezi in the classroom?

    ReplyDelete